Monday, March 03, 2008

I could drive you crazy

Every now and then I stumble on a song I will listen to incessantly. Truly. Over and over and over and over again. To the point that my friends have stolen CDs out of my room, never, ever to be returned. (Connie - I forgive you. Honest.)

I don't think the list of songs like this is all that long. And I don't really remember them once I'm over them. I'm kinda fickle that way. Though sometimes the experience does stick - remember the song by Des'ree, "You Gotta Be"? I'm pretty sure my roommate at the time was aching to pitch me out the window in front of an oncoming crosstown bus. Or truck. Or cab. I'm sure any moving vehicle would've satisfied her.

I can go months, years even, without a song that I have to hear constantly. And then WHAM! POW! Holy melody & lyrics, Batman!

So, these days it's "You're the World To Me" by David Gray.

"You don't have to turn the sound up
Babe I want you from the ground up
Baby baby you're the world to me"

Over and over and over and over again. What can I tell you? I'm pathetic.

No comments: