Friday, March 21, 2008

Can you say Mpemba?

You'd think I shot the purple cow or something.

Look people, I don't make this stuff up. I just report it.

Hot water can freeze faster than cold.

Don't like it? Go talk to Erasto B. Mpemba, or the physicists in the Physics Department at Southern Illinois University. Or someone. Don't yell at me for crying out loud... You know - don't shoot the messenger? Come on, give me a break. Do I look like a physicist?

Hey, I'm with ya. It doesn't make any sense. And I fought the fight, really I did, for a good long time. But sometimes you just gotta know when to give in, give up, give over, give it a rest. This is one of those times. You want to pick up the gauntlet, more power to you. I'm done.

As Gillette Burgess ultimately wrote:

Ah, yes. I wrote the Purple Cow
I'm sorry, now, I wrote it.
But I can tell you anyhow,
I'll kill you if you quote it.

No comments: