Sunday, March 16, 2008

Couldn't stop reading this one

This is why I love the internet.

You go surfing around, from link to link, the way you're supposed to, the way nature (or Al Gore) intended, and sometimes you find the coolest things. Like the day I found 236.com. Or today, when I stumbled on iambossy.com. She puts it best herself:

Georgia Getz is an acclaimed essayist, novelist, screenwriter, and director. No wait – that’s Nora Ephron. But Georgia Getz dreamed of one day becoming these things and more – just as soon as she finished college. At the age of thirty-five.

In the meantime she wrote several un-acclaimed essays, TV pilots, and screenplays – and raised two children and one humor blog: I am bossy.

You’ll find Getz’s name featured on the cover of the finest magazines – right on the subscription tag. In her free time she enjoys snowboarding, ice hockey, and surfing. No wait – that’s John Cusack. Either way, Getz lives in the burbs where she primps for the eventual photo shoot.

I just read her review, or was it a synopsis - a revynopsis? - of Stagecoach, complete with visual aids. Now, for my friend Steve, and perhaps my dad, this revynopsis (get used to that word - I like it) may count as heresy of the first order, and I understand and respect that perspective, I do. I'm with her though, I gotta say. I think it's the character actors that really cinched the deal for me. So she goes on my right hand wall of fame for a little while.

No comments: