Monday, April 28, 2008

Coachella break fast

Sorry for the delay... I was, believe it or not, happily rocking out to the music (some of it, anyway) at Coachella.

Jack Johnson played Friday night - from Banana Pancakes to Eyes in the Back of My Head, I love his music. He's Jimmy Buffett for our generation. Just hearing his guitar puts me in a better mood.

To tell you the truth, Coachella is not so much my scene - if I had my druthers, I'd be there next weekend for Stagecoach - The Eagles, Trisha Yearwood, John Fogerty, Shelby Lynne, Tim McGraw... sign me up.

But my friends are Coachella all the way... we had a sweet (off the hook!) house and I had a great time. Great weather, good music, great friends - doesn't get much better than that.

And Prince played Saturday night. He played his stuff, and he covered some other stuff, and he evidently got paid $4.5 million for the performance. He put on a show. A spectacle. Unreal. He is Prince after all. Say what you will - that man is tal-ent-ed. I left early because where I was something was funky with the sound, but as I was leaving I could hear "Little Red Corvette" from behind the stage - unbelievable. And I heard he performed a cover of Radiohead's "Creep" that was off the charts.

Coachella is an experience. It's not for everyone, sure. But if you can live and let live, it is a spectacle that has to be seen and felt to be believed.

And by the way - same weekend, different state, a friend of mine shot a 75 - that's worth mentioning. And he had the best breakfast ever. Also worth mentioning.

No comments: