Tuesday, June 01, 2010

You know you've made it when?

You're spoofed. Duh.


(Video alert. If you can't see the video, you know the drill, click here.)

I don't know about you, but I have problems keeping the Marvel comic book heroes (Avengers) and the DC comic book gang (Justice League) straight. When Iron Man came out, I tried to sum up.

Recently, talking to my brother, it occurred to me that Marvel's hero universe is by and large occupied by heroes created from scientific accidents (spider bites, genetic mutations, nuclear radiation), while DC's heroes seem to be more, well, mythologically generated (infants from other planets, women from islands of Amazons) or even self-generated (you know, that old childhood trauma meets/makes split personality). Before you purists out there get all up in my business, I'm not saying this is a hard and fast rule. Repeat, not. It is, however, a pretty good generalization.

Any way you look at it, Marvel's Avengers does seem to be heading for a more cohesive movie universe than the Justice League. Whether that's a good thing remains to be seen.

No comments: